At present, more fields or industries will use slip rings, especially in high-end precision device. These precise devices have high maintenance cost and is strict to technology. So some conductive slip ring users often ask such question “how to prolong the service life of the conductive slip ring”, JINPAT sales engineers summed up some knowledge about how to extend life of conductive slip ring and now we share together:
1. When choosing slip rings, you need to supply relative information to the manufacturer according to your equipment so that the manufacturer provides you with the product accurately or design plan. These information include number of channels, rated current / voltage, connection mode, operating speed, temperature, transmission signal type and so on.
2. When using slip rings, please follow our installation guide to mount the slip ring and avoid to exceed the max. Current or voltage that the slip ring can load.
3. Avoid the slip ring working for a long time at high temperature or low temperature environment. Generally the normal temperature range is -40℃～+80℃. If it’s beyond this range, that will cause service life decreases rapidly, and even leads to serious damage, except for the special conductive slip ring, such as high and low temperature slip rings.
4. It should be put in the place in which a dry, non-corrosive gas, no acid or alkali erosion to prevent rusting of metal parts or electrical components to reduce the insulation performance, except for the special ring, such as acid resistance slip rings.
5. It can not bear the external impact of the gravity, or it will make the collector deformation to influence its internal structure.
Maybe there will other factors to affect the slip ring life. So users should pay these cases and avoid some problems when using slip rings. Then it’s important to maintain regularly.