The collector material needs high mechanical strength, and is a good conductor of electricity. It has the feature of corrosion resistance. When contact with electrical brush, it must be wearable and steady. Generally, in sliding contact with the electric brush. Better wear resistance is, higher mechanical strength is. So most slip rings problems appeared on synchronous motor caused by large wear difference.
As for the question how to prolong the working life of carbon brush collector ring, we’d pay attention to following points:
1. Design of assembled parts of carbon brush collector
It didn’t appear low performance despite storing for 2 years and using for 20 years.According to 95% of confidence, it must have 99.75% of reliability. The calculation of the design, assignment, modeling, test data and the general conditions of the field operation must conform to the standard specifications and reliability requirements.
2. Suitable for various installation environments of wind turbine generator. And can ensure continuous and stable work.
3. The insulation material must meet the working environment of -40℃to 125℃. And the insulation grade is above F.
4. Meets the requirements of fatigue, over-speed and vibration data.
5. The sealing material meets the requirements of -40℃ to 125℃ working environment.
6. Under the high temperature and humidity environment, the collector ring uses vacuum dipping paint or closed treatment. On the surface it uses hydrophobic treatment.